View Single Post
      02-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #63
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Despite going back and forth, and being 90% committed to trying out Pentosin ATF1, I contacted my BMW tech today regarding the transmission fluid change... I told him I was going to supply him with 7-8 quarts of Pentosin ATF1, and he was familiar with the product.

While he said that oil (ATF1) was acceptable as a temporary fluid that can be used in an emergency, he highly recommended against using it to drain/fill my transmission fluid. I have to say, based on that response, and his familiarity with the oil, I decided to stick w/ the OEM Shell 1375.4 (or equivalent) that they supply at the dealer. I need to get 7 quarts at $26/liter.

When I go to get my transmission fluid change, I'll be sure to ask why he think the ATF1 is only acceptable as a temporary, in case of emergency, solution.

Still, I have to commend Turkeybaster for his persistence and experience with Pentosin. Unfortunately for me, I'm not much of a maintenance guru, so I guess I'll have to stick w/ the recommended, OEM, stuff -- where it's difficult to find a viable solution.
Appreciate 0