View Single Post
      08-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #15
crazed792
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Never mind on the sizing. I got to where I felt like trying again, so I ran to the store and bought a better allen set. It is 7 mm. Both of my front brakes have had the compound applied and the rotors cleaned. It sounded like it was coming from the front, so I'm holding off on the rear until I see if this makes a difference. Btw, that shit is tacky and gets EVERYWHERE if you aren't careful. I bet most of you already know that though. I'll update this post in a bit with whether or not it made a difference. Wish me luck.

Update: I exited my driveway, and the dip that usually causes the first squeal of the trip didn't cause a sound to be made. Unfortunately, that was the only difference. After a couple of braking applications, it was back to how it was before. Either it wasn't the front brakes overall or this didn't do anything but make the visible part of the rear of my brake pads currently hot pink. It still sounded like it was coming from the front, but I've gone too far to stop now. I'll give the rear a shot tomorrow if I have the time. My guess is rotor replacement isn't too far off though, probably spring at the latest. This time I won't be paying someone my money though, so some good did come of this.

Last edited by crazed792; 08-29-2009 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 0