swanlake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapptastic View Post
Lol I see you've done your research... I'm curious as to what you mean with the part about posting what I'm driving. Are you saying people on the forum are gonna come track me down or something? How is that a bad idea? I've actually been driving for much longer than I've had my license, but I guess that's beside the point. I must say though that its nice to see someone have something constructive to say. I appreciate it
Edit: also the late night forum stint was basically to keep me awake while writing an essay, otherwise there's not a chance in hell I would've made it haha
Haha, I couldn't resist. I had the (retrospectively) unfortunate experience of going to law school. It's not the forum people you have to worry about...it's the outsiders. If you were to get into some trouble later on... driving too fast, reckless driving anything like that, people could theoretically search these forums. If there's anything the safety nazis like bashing on more than drunk drivers it's 17 year old boys driving too fast in nice cars. It's remote-and likely wont ever happen-but the internet is forever and crazier stuff has happened, especially lately with all these news stories where people have been "found" online.

Perhaps most relevant to you, I recently saw a story on the news where college admissions officers had befriended people on facebook to see what their friends (who were applicants) were doing and then browsed around other sites for info. It's crazy and absurd, but as a society we've gotten to the point where we can't deal with people having private lives. So, just try to guard what you say.

If it were me, I'd say something like, "...yea I went 110 (or 150) out in the middle of nowhere, it was awesome, nobody around." That way I'm covered-110 what, where is nowhere and how do you define its middle?

I understand you may have been driving for a while, but 110 in a car you basically just got can be risky- especially since I am assuming in that 3 week period you weren't out in the middle of nowhere. I've had my Cayman for 4 months and I still haven't gone that fast or as fast as I'd like. That's because I haven't really been able to get out of LA, and there really isn't anywhere safe in this town to do that. It's not you or me or the car, it's all the random things and people that happen on our roads here.

As for the essay part- no comment!
Oh okay. That's a actually kind of a relief. I was thinking you were implying someone would see my car and go key the crap out of it lol. Yeah I totally understand. I will say though that it was a completely open road in the middle of the night where I went 110. That's not a typical thing, and it really wasn't intentional, more of just an " oh shit I'm going 110" moment. oh and you might be surprised to hear this, but the 145 on the 405 was with my dad in his E55 haha. Such a good influence...