03-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #5
mpower3o2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 AP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
If you're looking for a quality job on your car and at a very good price - call Michael @ Accurate MotorWerks in Vancouver. Link is here: http://www.accuratemotorwerks.com/default.html. Read below my review, but to sum it up: I drove from Beaverton to the other side of Vancouver and it was totally worth it !

I had a big suspension job and needed an experienced mechanic. After much investigation I settled for Accurate MotorWerks in Vancouver. It's a newly opened shop in Vancouver WA but some might be familiar with the owner: Michael Gallagher. I personally didn't know him before, but had another forum member recommend him.

Why this shop ? Well the most important thing for me was to find a mechanic with experience in BMW, but without the extra price jacking associated with the brand. Michael is a graduate of the BMW training program & worked at both local dealers, which was a good start. So I went and visited his facility to get a first hand look. The shop looks good, is quite large and what really impressed me is that is is clean and orderly. As in every shop the work in progress stuff like gearbox rebuilds is lying around, but the tools are neatly kept in drawers, and they are all top quality (later learned he used to sell tools). The floor is kept clean and uncluttered.

I'm a mechanical engineer but not very handy, and I read quite a bit about the job so I started talking to Michael about it. I have to be honest: I got a little uneasy because he is quite soft in his answers. But let me assure you: Michael knows BMW inside-out. Some of my upgrades had to be torqued with the car fully loaded and at to a certain value - while I had my sketches to know which ones, Michael knew it right away because he understands how it all works together - which in my view is a critical quality in a mechanic.

Now to the other component: price. The price Michael gave me was very competitive compared to other shops in the PDX area. Michael gave me a max price and it was among the best quotes I had gotten, and better then most quotes. (I never even considered the dealer for this job.) We actually came a little bit under the max he gave me - see how many shops will do that for you...

So I am happy to report that it all went thru great and everything was put together as it was before, and believe me when I say that - I'm pretty anal about wires not routed thru the proper clips or plastic snap fasteners being forgotten or broken: not 1 little plastic piece was left behind ! Even some fasteners that because they did not have a head had to be punched thru were put back in. I really am impressed !

A big thumbs up for the quality of the work Michael does ! Highly recommended.
Glad Everything went well!

Thumbs up to Michael!
Appreciate 0