View Single Post
      01-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #2090
60av8tor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 - Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries326 View Post
I've been reading horror stories on these sites about poor BMW customer service. I'm sure there are more people having success stories but they don't jump on a website to share them. Anyway, here's my success story and hopefully this has fixed the problem. When this car is paid off, the next one will also be a bimmer. Thanks BMW! I was close to losing faith in you guys.
Thanks for providing your SA info on here. I'm one that has had a crappy experience. Several videos provided, but SA will do nothing without duplication. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, mine is extremely loud. What frustrated me was him saying BMW NA will not allow them to do anything without duplication, but I read about several people receiving service based on video. Was yours ticking constantly or intermitently? I kind of understand them having to duplicate it, but IMO it is VERY obvious from the video that it is the lifter tick.

BTW - Flea, your video sounds normal to me. Mine sounded (actually louder) just like the one Aries posted