View Single Post
      03-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscdennab View Post
Somewhat TireRack does. The B12 Pro-Kit = Bilstein B8 dampers + Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I am not sure if there are any modifications to the dampers or springs, but I looked up the part numbers written on my dampers on the Internet and they seem to be standard B8 dampers.
Thank you for sharing the info. It at least sounds possible to 'back door' this set up, doesn't it? Your review really has me intrigued; my d has sport suspension, and while I like the ride, I'd be happy to improve the handling, which seems to be exactly what you've accomplished. My situation is somewhat complicated, because I'm also going to upgrade to M3 suspension bits (minus the subframe bushings and rear sway bar), and I have the rear camber arms that would allow me to use M3 shocks and springs. So - to really use this set up, I *think* I would end up needing to get the M3 kit versus the E90 kit. I don't know if the front strut mounts are the same, so there's another complication.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience. This set up is very intriguing, and sounds like a good alternative to coughing up even more $$ for a coilover set up.