04-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
XPO186
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Thumbs up Vinyl Party!

Hey All,

Yesterday I took the car down to Lyle@VinylStyles out of Belmont/Redwood City, CA.

This is what he did for me:

-roof and sharkfin wrapped in satin black vinyl
-side mirror caps wrapped in satin black vinyl
-smoked side turn signals
-smoked rear turn signals and backup light areas

You're probably already familiar with Lyle's work seeing as he did an absolutely amazing job on Nick's fully wrapped matte black car. See here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250944

He also has many years of experience in vinyl wrapping, catering largely to the Mini Cooper online community. Here's Lyle's own car:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2135909

Next, the guy is an absolute perfectionist. He is very anal about the quality and appearance of the things he wraps and is even more concerned with the satisfaction of the customer. For example, when he wrapped the mirror caps I was not pleased with the outcome because I had two clear bra pieces already in place over the paint in those areas and the vinyl actually highlighted the lines of the clear bra underneath. I asked him to remove the clear bra and redo it, and he did... no questions asked. Also, towards the end of the process I asked him to smoke the side and rear turn signals and backup light (not part of the appoinment) and he said that wouldn't be a problem at all (that added at least an extra hr of work to the day).

He's professional, and a very down to earth guy to boot. I spent hrs shooting the shit with him, and his fiancee (and her younger cousin) and even ended up meeting a bunch of his family who were visiting for Easter Sunday. And that's another thing... he scheduled me for frickin Easter Sunday despite having to host guests and entertain that day!

If you choose to go with him for ANY vinyl wrapping, I promise you will be very happy with the work he does. He does it right and will redo it if he is not satisfied with the work he does... although that is unlikely since he does it right the first time.

Btw, if anyone is interested in getting the rear turn signals and backup light areas smoked (just the clear portions), Lyle took templates from my car and can precut and send these pieces for you to apply yourself. It's available in either light gray or dark gray (I went with the dark gray in the pics). He's also starting to do full CF wraps of interior trim! So, he's a great local option for us NorCal folks.

Here's his contact information:

Lyle@VinylStyles
650-743-8034
vinylstyles@gmail.com
www.lylesvinylstyles.net

Last edited by XPO186; 04-13-2009 at 02:03 PM..
Appreciate 0