View Single Post
      01-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #34
KnoxDawg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328i

Sorry!!! Life got busy these past few days. So the Perf Exhaust is AMAZING. I heard them start it up at the dealership after the install and I immediately started grinning. It was raining on the drive home so I didn't get to hear much, and it rained the next day too. Drove her yesterday and wow...cold startup is much louder than stock (lack of butterfly valve) but after 20 seconds it's as quiet as stock. Cruising around town there is no drone in cabin. Just a nice growl when you get on it from a stop. On the highway, it's relatively quiet up to 60mph. Around 2K RPM and 60 mph there is just a SLIGHT drone and if you adjust the throttle a little it helps. Not bad. Gonna see how it sounds after it breaks in for a while. At higher RPMs it sounds incredible. Period. My only gripe are the exhaust tips. The tips are single walled thin stainless steel. When I received my exhaust from Tischer, I didn't unwrap the tips simply because they were very well wrapped and padded with cardboard. Well a few days later I take it to the dealer for the install and I notice that my right side tip is dinged on the very edge, not simply a dent that could be reshaped. Not too happy about that. Oh well, to those who get this exhaust shipped to you, immediately unwrap it and check the tips. Theyre very thin so I'm not surprised they got knocked around and dented. I haven't contacted Tischer cause honestly I don't know that there's anything that can be done. I guess my backup plan is to get new Dimisa tips installed. Anyways bottom line, I can't wait for the summer to ride around with the windows down and radio off just to listen to the exhaust.