View Single Post
      08-13-2014, 07:41 AM   #966
gkroegman
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20011 BMW 328i

If your car has just regular halogen headlights, the angel eyes are dimmer in general I think. Xenon and HID put out much more light. But there's nothing wrong with halogen, you can switch the bulbs to LED just like you would install another halogen bulb. The ones that come stock in the car are kind of yellow, and can only be seen in the daytime if you're like right on top of them. I went on eBay and found the Cree LED Angel Eye Bulb for my car (If you want the link I can PM it to you for an example of what to buy) and they are much brighter, and have the white/blue look that I think most people go for. Even though they are much more visible than before, they still aren't going to look as good as an HID upgrade, but considering the price difference and the payoff, it's totally suitable.

I've been wondering the same thing about the voltage on them, because the LED bulbs do come with a resistor wired in that can be unplugged from the bulb (I'm guessing it will make the bulbs much brighter without it, but I don't want them to die in a month because they're being pumped with current) - I've just left it alone.
Appreciate 0