08-13-2014, 11:43 AM   #967
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeheimer View Post
I have a 2009 328i with halogen headlights. Does anyone know the difference between the angel eyes on halogen headlights as compared to those on xenon's. I know they're not as bright and have been trying to figure out why. I recently coded my car to have them run as DRL's but they look super dim.

Are they designed differently?

Do they use a bulb that is less bright?

Are they coded to exist in the "dim" setting all the time and could be coded to a daylight mode?

Is the voltage powering them lower than in cars with Xenon's, and if so can this be coded to increase output?

I ask because I noticed that the LED bulbs people are using for their angel eyes are different for halogen headlights but I can't find an explanation as to why this is the case. I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in these forums but I haven't been able to locate it.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Dave
The entire housing of the halogen headlight is very different than the xenon headlight. Your headlight uses 1 10w halogen bulb to illuminate both rings, and this operates at a constant 12v power. To make them brighter its s simple plug and play replacement from the stock bulb to a LED based bulb. One option is our LUX E90 LCI Halogen lights and they will be 2x as bright as stock and a pure white 600k color. There is no need to code anything or change anything else
Appreciate 0