View Single Post
      07-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #9
PhilS
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeman
Had my 330I, with the Bridgestone Potenza's that come with the Sport Package, out on the highway today. At a speed higher than 70 I noticed that the ride got a little bumpy. I wasn't sure if some balancing of the wheels was in order, or if this is just the feel from the performance run flats. Does anyone know if at higher speeds with these tires do you get a slight rough ride?
I had a similar problem in the past with an E60. From memory it was actually worse when driving the car first thing morning and lessened as the tyres warmed up.

In my case, the dealer tried various things including re-balancing several times with no success. He eventually ended up swopping the wheels and tyres with a spare set they had in stock. Everything was OK from then on.

Trying out another set of wheels and tyres is a good place to start.

A couple of other things worth considering:

1. A tyre or tyres are incorrectly seated. Your dealer should be able to fix this by breaking the seal on the tyre and re-inflating.

2. It could also be a flat spot on a tyre/tyres.