View Single Post
      01-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #142
Roman-dude
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_vs_ View Post
As I mentioned before, I'd be damned if it was the electrical harness. I had a long sit down conversation with the shop foreman who explained what they did with my car so far and why they did it; also he was able to hear me out on my speculations of the problem. The code for "Zero Volume adaptation Value" is purely dependant on cylinder response relative to the amount of fuel sprayed during an overrun mode. If the cylinder does not respond as it is supposed to, the DDE throws a code for "Zero Volume Adaptation".
Supposedly my intake manifold was inspected (even though not mentioned in the reports) and there was build up, but they were not sure if it was excessive enough to throw the code(s)...

If the intake manifold and cylinder head swap does not fix the problem, then I am lost. At the end of the day, it is a piece of machine and it can be fixed. I am becoming more and more comfortable with the 335d's electronic and mechanical functions as my research continues!

BMW NA has been involved and so has the Field Service Engineer. They are trying to resolve this issue, but I also don't think they fully understand it. Unless, they are trying A, B, C, D first, before deciding on an expensive repair such as cylinder head replacement.

Meanwhile, roaming around in an X1.
135i_vs_, any updates on your car? is it all good now? What did it end up being? thx
Appreciate 0