View Single Post
      01-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #9
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
I just got new rear tires (Continental ExtremeContact DWS) and during high speed curves it feels really loose and wobbly. I thought it was my tire pressure, but I double checked it's exactly what it was before. My old tires were also Conti DWS and so are my front tires. I also checked my lug nuts and they all seem tight. Anybody have an idea what it could be?

I don't know if this is related, but when I'm in reverse, parking the car, and the steering wheel is in full lock, sometimes I hear a clunk coming from the car. But this has been happening for a few months before getting the tires replaced. I didn't think anything of it.
DWS always felt soft to me. Nothing horrible, but there's no denying they have soft sidewalls compared to most of the performance tires people use. That being said, the ability to get around in light snow with them more than makes up for it.

On the other hand, since you're complaining about straight line issues, i'd say check your alignment, specifically the toe angle. The RFTs may have been masking the issue.

Lastly, tires do improve with some break-in.
Appreciate 0