05-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
BOBKUR
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer335 View Post
Gents and ladies of e90post,

We got a CPO 2007 e90 335i for my daughter and her beautiful mother... But at this point definitely regret it. The car has 109k miles. Yesterday, without warning the car died in traffic. Luckily, they weren't on the freeway or the results could have likely been fatal.

The repair estimate this time says: "P/S pulley came apart allowing belt to come off and wind up in front crank pulley". The items that need to be replaced as per the estimate invoice are power steering pulley, fan belt and front crankshaft seal for a total of $1226.21. It's also listed that the motor mounts are collapsed and leaking, for $755.58.

Aside from sourcing parts from a low cost website and finding an Indy to do the work for a better hourly wage and other basic ways to reduce the cost of this failure, what are my options? Additionally, how does a pulley "come apart"? Aside from dismounting...? Does CPO come in to play here?

Any help or wisdom is greatly appreciated- I don't like feeling like my daughter is endangered because shes coached around in a car that periodically dies on us without warning...
The advice is to fix it on the cheap and get rid of it.
Appreciate 0