08-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Thank you for the info!!! Extremely helpful ... While I'm still living in their roof ..., I am under their rules.
I can fully appreciate that. I had the same rules and all three of my kids suffer them as well. I wouldn't be keen on any of them -- especially my daughter, but only because of her youth and gender -- making the drive alone, but I wouldn't mind letting them do it with one of their friends whom I felt is responsible. I'd fly their friend back home.

BTW and FWIW, if you've not been to the DC/Balto area before, here are some tips that may aid you in your travels around the area:
  • The drive from Balto is pretty much interstate all the way from downtown to downtown and takes 45 - 75 minutes,
  • There is pretty good public transportation in DC. It's not quite as good in Balto, but if you are of a mind to go to DC for a night of collegiate-age partying in bars, take Amtrak or the MARC train. You'll find the MARC + taxis in DC itself about the same cost as a quarter tank of gas, and cheaper by far than a DUI/DWI ticket and/or accident. Depending on the time of your travel, you may have to take the MARC to DC and the Amtrac back to Balto. When I was a kid, I had a couple friends who would regularly come down from Balto, party all night with us, grab breakfast at a Georgetowne restaurant and catch the 4 a.m. train back to Balto.
  • On the East Coast, when mentioning a road by referring to its numeric identifier, do not use the definite article. Instead, say, "...on I95...", or just ..."95 South..." One never says "...the 95..."
Good luck. Travel safely, and have a great semester and a wonderful time overseas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0