idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mamba View Post
I mean I wanna lower my car and I don't have all that money To buy coils but I rather buy top of the line Springs then cheap coilovers any day I mean after spending that much money on a car I wouldn't want to put anything cheap into it. buying a BMW is in just buying a car is also making investments and I feel like those cheap coilovers would just ruin something else if they fail... thats just my opinion
Just saying, springs are about 200-300 bucks, putting them on your stock shocks isnt the best idea as they will fail or blow/leak prematurely. Many members say the ride sucks aswell, with the fact they cant adjust it.

unless you match the springs up with some shocks, its the only way to properly do it. i had H&R race springs that i was going to match up with sport shocks, but the ride would have sucked as the shocks are defiantly not made for race springs. Shock upgrades range from 450-650 bucks, adding to the spring amount would cost alot more then these coilovers. You might as well buy some better coilovers for that money.

installing is the same and alignment applied to both applications.

But people will prefer different things. The reputation of higher quality coilovers should sway people away from these. Suspension isnt something you can really visibly see, so unless you put some stickers on your car promoting it or showing off what you got, people probably wouldnt know. These work and arent to bad. Im not saying these are better or worse, but id prefer a coil-over system vs a spring only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingman View Post
In your Edit #2 pictures, how many threads left before you reach max bottom or is that max bottom?
about 4-5 threads. went down 4-5 from edit #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
clearly u have not tried a quality set of coilovers before
ive gone for a couple rides of e90post members cars with suspension upgrade. a members KW v2 felt okay, his car wasnt slammed but ride felt decent, slightly rougher then OEM. Not like its more comfortable then oem, it doesnt eat up pot holes like a lexus at all.

Last edited by idrift4wd; 04-01-2013 at 03:06 PM..
Appreciate 0