View Single Post
      02-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #28
The Whale
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
thats a pretty extreme diet for me though, I'm so carb happy (which is why I probably don't lose much weight). I'm gonna try to just cut back really hard on the breads and such, morning bowl of capt'n crunch is here to stay though and probably 2 slices of whole grain bread for a lunch sandwich.
Hey to each their own. I can't cut it all out COMPLETELY (hell dairy isn't "strict paleo" but GOMAD is a big compliment to it) however honestly once you get through 3-5 weeks of eating strict paleo you feel AMAZING. The idea behind it is to force your body to begin burning fats instead of carbs for energy. For the first month or so, performance decreases as your body adjusts to the new energy source (hit fat & protein with low grain-based carbs). After your body adjusts to high fat diet you literally can't keep fat on your body because instead of carbs you burn fat immidiately for energy. Plus I can say personally - clean eating is amazing! You feel better and perform amazingly! Plus you can eat much more for your body.

My biggest challenge is regarding food as fuel not a pleasurable experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben14142001 View Post
^Crossfit is the shit.
X2

2008 e92 328i 6MT \\ Matte Black Grills \\ AFE Stage 2 Intake
19" VMR v713 Matte Black
Appreciate 0