View Single Post
      05-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
So still well within its life span. Haven't run pagid at front for a while but they are good pads so no reason why they should be worse if anything should be better than textar. I would think certainly in past never had any complaints about them when fitted to my or other cars I did.

The only thing I could speculate is the discs. In theory OEM discs and pagid pads shouldn't matter but at same time BMW do suggest always changing front discs with pads.

Its usually 1 to 1 on the front and 2 pads to 1 disc for rears. This is according to my sources and dealer info as they advise same.

What mileage had the front discs done IMO for sake of few ££ if not doing dealer prices I would have changed discs and pads at same time. Might be worth measuring the discs and see where they are in relation to min /max thickness. I reckon that would be a good start.

Then if you still not happy worth changing both pads and discs.

Also with weather being warmer maybe find some quiet roads and give it a good hard drive to get the pads nice and warm to bed in better and take it from there

Short of something major with the brake system I cant think of anything.

Other thing also is take it to a MOT garage and get them to run a brake test to get idea where it sits on efficiency.

thanks for the info, i have always gone by the idea of getting 2 pad cycles out of 1 disc front and back unless the discs are bad. i have recently had a service and was quoted the pads to be low but discs were fine after measurements hence why i did not replace the pads

i think the front discs have done 30k maybe slighlty less but when i had the pads replaced the mechanic took the measurement thickness and said they were fine.

I will see for a few more miles how they fair then if the same will proably replace the pads and discs again - will pribably get the discs from bmw and may go for the yellow ebc pads in the group buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade146 View Post
Pagid do a million types of pad material. Some are superb and some are not, just like brembo, carbonne lorraine etc. Pagid race pads are very good. Discs unlikely to have any effect on pedal feel or braking effort although pad material can. I assume you bled the brakes after pushing the pistons back in?
If its braking effort rather than feel this can be lack of bedding in or you have moved some air around or the pad material is not as aggressive.
I had them replaced by a garage but the brakes were not bled
Appreciate 0