View Single Post
      08-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #6
cloud_connected
Banned
Rep
Drives: ATR tuned N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC View Post
While it is not something which we have tested, it has been on the list of things that I am working on. In terms of resistance to knock, there won't be a problem. The Race file is on the conservative side, and timing is not advanced to the point that corrections are not possible. The main issue that could arise is whether fuel trims get out of range. To this point, I have only tested on my S4 (port injection), a GTI (direct injection) and a 997 Turbo (direct injection).

Everything works flawlessly on my car, but I have seen the newer direct injection vehicles have issues with fuel trims triggering cylinder correction factors. This has typically occurred at idle and part throttle. With that being said, multiple GTI customers are running 25% E85 with our Race file, with good results. I believe that this would also be feasible with the N54, but based on what other flash tunes have seen, we would likely need to alter open loop fueling to run higher concentrations.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you wish to talk more about it, or if you would like to go over some logs.
Altering the open loop fueling table isn't going to help with fueling. The DME only uses OL in situations where it isn't receiving signal(or it is an implausible signal) from a vital sensor(like an O2 sensor) and enters OL to run on assumed values in order to run in a sort of limp mode.

You'll need a means to increase total volume of flow, like Cobb has done with the fuel scalar/multiplier.
Appreciate 0