Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
I fixed my problem with midbass by running the calibration with these settings:

- Sub is 80Hz at 24dB slope
- Front Lo/Hi is 170Hz at 18dB slope
- 40dB volume
- 2V gains (NOM) in all my channels except the mid bass at 4V (min). My amps are Alpine PDX.

After calibration I set all the gains back to minimum, the MS-8 volume to -6dB and the midbass is finally there and tight; if I raise the gains of the midbass now they will sound considerably louder than before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
OK, so I will just cut and paste from my post over at DIYMA.

The reason why this works is that a) MS-8 does not time align the sub signal, and b) the sub sweep volume can be VERY disruptive to the calibration results (i.e. no midbass) if it is not perfectly matched to the midbass speakers. So it seems to be better to not have the sub present during calibration and then later add it back in by using the crossovers in your amp(s).

I also do not like to use too much EQ, since it chews up dynamic headroom of the processor, and IMO it is always better to use the amp gains to boost to the desired level, and then shave-off the peaks with the EQ, if necessary.

Try it!
I don't think thats possible with my setup. how can I add in a sub after the fact? I won't have any sub channel output going to my sub amp.
Appreciate 0