View Single Post
      09-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #65
Alpha_Zulu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Z4 35is, Alpine White

Garage List
I've been following this thread along and the responses are interesting.

Once after a car meet I had some guy walk up to me who apparently worked at AutoNation and he proceeded to show me his business card because apparently I wouldn't believe him if he didn't. And he's like "I work at AutoNation..how much was the sticker price on your car?"

At the time it was just completely random and he approached me as I was leaving in my car, and it was just so weird and random that I just told him the truth. In retrospect if the same guy were to do that but at a Gas Station as normal person I think I might have the same response. But I think asking how much you pay and how much the sticker price are kind of two different questions.

I do see where the OP is coming from and I do see where Jericho is coming from as well as far as people being classless or rude/lacking tact etc.

Now if someone were just to just ask outright what are my monthly payments? "A lot" would be my response and I'd keep walking without giving them a second's notice. Sometimes people just randomly say, "Nice car man..." to which my response is "You should see my insurance payment"

TL;DR - I see OP's point and I see the other side's point. Sometimes it can come across as rude, and it also depends on the delivery of the question, the context, and what they're motive is. If they're just dick measuring, GTFO you're a jackwad. If they're authentically inquiring because they may want to get a BMW or what not, that's not rude.
Appreciate 0