dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1 View Post
Then you quite clearly need to read a few more threads on this website.

Nobody has said they wouldn't use Simon and nobody has questioned his graphs. Simon has a very good reputation and with will go a thriving business.

As far as I have read on this forum nobody has said it's a must to have your car rolling roaded to verify maps. Simons maps have been proved on various rolling road days and are as good as any other out there.

If you read my thread of my experiences with Evolve then I made it quite clear when I went there of what I wanted and how I wanted the car set-up on a rolling road / Dynonmometer, one which I know very well. People who know me will know that my Cerbera 4.5 spent most of its life on the same dyno whilst developing various engine and tuning parts for it, so I know exactly how it works and how a car should be set-up, I am also aware of how readings can be fudged to make the final power / torque figures look higher than what they are. I didn't let on a great deal to Sal at Evolve when I went there with my already remapped car, but just enough, although I did point out that I wanted the car set-up in a way that the parameters couldn't be altered from one run (base) to another map applied. I wasn't bothered at all what the exact readings / figures were I just wanted to see if their map reaped a gain......and it did. Evolve then applied their other customer maps and they were close to or bang on what they said they would be 600Nm, 650Nm and 700Nm maps.

For me a good experience with no wool being pulled over the customers eyes. Trust me if the experience had been bad then people would have been aware of it either by my silence or through a not so positive post.

Dispute often occur on websites, I saw it happen on BMW Land when CAA took over the Tuning Section, all of a sudden the bias was well and truley in there favour. It happens.

Simon still offers one of the most flexible remap services of anyone in the UK and I am absolutely sure he will continue to prosper. Variety is what customers want and the likes of Emaps, DMS, Evolve etc all offer similar products and services and different prices, but ultimately they deliver.

Jules.
Good write up there Jules. Torque a lot of sense mate