View Single Post
      01-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #104
Carl Morris
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargasturbotech View Post
Concerning stage 3 we are all eager to see the results as well. But in my opinion the market for stage 3 is VERY small. The singles have been out for a year they have sold what 10-15 kits? People love to see new things, developments, and load the forums up with all the talk and opinions, but most are not ready to do this kind of an upgrade.
It's a small market as of this moment. But if you're in it for the long haul I suspect it will be much bigger than it currently looks if 10s become relatively common and a few people run 9s on a stock bottom end. I'm talking about after the cars get cheaper. Right now you're still looking at around 20k to get into one but in a few more years when it's more like 10k and the solutions to all the common problems are well known the hard core guys that want something other than a GTR will start getting into them. They won't want to spend 8k for a turbo solution, but up to 5k will probably be doable. If you don't cater to them somebody will...and I predict if/when that day comes hundreds if not thousands of big turbo setups will be sold. But the car needs to be cheaper to buy and keep on the road than it currently is. Hopefully that will happen...
Appreciate 0