View Single Post
      11-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #10
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
Well, today I finally got my 162's and tires mounted . Its about time with these... Ive been waiting over 2 weeks now after I ordered them.

Some quick thoughts after hitting the road for a little bit tonight:

Non-RF high performance tires . I have the sport package on my 325i, and one of my big complaints with the RF tires was how every little small inconsistancy in the road was felt. I like the firmer ride, but this was maybe a little too firm. It doesnt help where one of the main roads I travel to and from work seems like they let the steamroller stop every 20 feet and sit for an hour ... So the tires... I got the Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S All Season Performance Tires. The ride is not that much different. I still keep the sport package feel, but none of the small little ridges and bumps I normally felt. This is a big plus for me.

The wheels... IMO, the smallest size wheels that should be offered should be the 18's. The wheels fill the wheel arch much better than the 17's. I couldnt see much when I got my car from the shop, so I decided to go to a well lit parking lot to get a better look. I love the look of the 162's. They are a clean and simple design that look great. They look to be much, much easier to clean than the 161's. Although the 161's were certainly no 135's, they were a pain to keep clean.

More thoughts as the week goes on
Please tell me where did you order wheels/tires from. I got to have them. I'm selling my 161's. What are you doing for the spare since you don't have RF any more?

Last edited by IM2C; 11-04-2005 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0