View Single Post
      10-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #112
AllydNYC
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 91' E30 318is

Garage List
1991 BMW 318is  [0.00]
I need help getting a meet setup, I have no clue what's the best place for you guys and meets and if you had a meet in the past where did you have it. I'm looking to do a BBQ in some state park like past meets in NY. Unless someone has another idea.

The only problem is I can't really find any information on a spot when we can BBQ relatively close to our cars. I'm looking at Lake Pleasant it's 60 miles away from Mesa (where I am) and 35 miles from the heart of Phoenix, which is a little longer than I wanted but gives us an opportunity for some rolling shots and a video maybe ... I feel like listing somethings I would like.
  • Some nice back roads with 'twistes' on them, < 5 miles away from the final meet spot. Most places your looking at will have these since we would be on a mountain.
  • Being able to park our cars right near our BBQ spot. (doesn't matter to me if I have to buy a BBQ or rent one there)
  • Keep it within a reasonable distance from Phoenix.
  • And of course, some nice scenery to take pictures later if we choose OR a place that is close by that is nice backdrop for a picture.

If you want a BBQ depending on how many people, someone could bring chips and w/e, another plates/cups/napkins... you get the idea. I suck at cooking anything more than a hot dog on the grill so I'm depending on one of you to do it.

As for the date, I would love to do it this weekend (Sunday) but for most that will be too short notice and there won't be a good turnout.

ALSO,
Wall of text!

Appreciate 0