View Single Post
      06-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Silver E90
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

I’m also going again this year!

I recommend getting there early in the week if you are staying at the track. Me and a couple buddies got there last year on Thursday afternoon due to work issues. Needless to say there were no good camping spots left. We ended up camping right off the paved road under the street light on the steep hill just inside the Esses, I think. It was quite an entertaining spot though, heard multiple golf cart accidents late in the night due to people flying down that hill and losing control, which basically amounted to a police checkpoint for most of the night.
But all in all it was an absolute blast, after the race we went down to the Corvette paddock and was just standing there when a crew member asked us if we wanted to join them, it was really cool standing next to the car and watching the team celebrate from inside the paddock. Also was able to meet and congratulate Bobby Rahal and Bill Auberlen. That is the great thing about the ALMS, you have so much access to the teams, cars, and drivers.

Can’t wait for this year!
Appreciate 0