View Single Post
      02-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #1735
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by houbmw View Post
I have a 2007 bmw 530i with the style 123 wheels and they are a PAIN in the ass to keep clean. I recently switched my brake pads to HAWKS and it has significantly reduced the amount of brake dust. I want to clean the wheels really well and since they are off the car, I figured this would be the best time. There is a LOT of brake dust and road grime that has set into the wheels. I am going to order the following:

1) Sonax wheel cleaner
2) Claybar the wheels
3) Opticoat Sealant or PB Wheel Sealant

My question is, which sealant is better for long term durability for a daily driver. Also, should I polish the wheels before applying the sealant? Thank You!!
Glad to hear you're going to give those wheels a thorough cleaning and protective coating. After the cleaning and clay bar I would still recommend polishing them with something like the P21S Finish Restorer to help remove oxidation and embedded contaminants. I would almost guarantee it will make a big difference.

For protection the Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating will definitely be more durable. This is an awesome way to preserve the wheels. I would also recommend you check out the 22ple VM1 Rim and Metal Coating, which is similar to Opti-Coat but it seems to release contaminants better. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0