View Single Post
      01-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
BAL278
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGermerican View Post
Yes - the secret is to order and have it shipped to work. What I really like is that, from what I've researched, it's undetectable. My only concern is a drop in gas mileage. I know I'm not driving a Prius, but I don't drive a Hummer either. I passed up on a mint condition 03 M5 w/ 45K miles because the gas mileage wasn't any better than the Pathfinder I was driving (that's how I convinced the wife to let me get the 335).

The problem with the walnut blasting is that I really don't know what the intake valves look like - meaning would I just be throwing money out the window. I have no idea how the previous owner drove the car, so it's really just a gamble. I plan on taking advantage of a group buy at a local dealership.

I see you're from Northern NJ - I lived in Hackensack for 3 years before moving down to NC back in 2005. My wife is from Ridgefield Park and my brother currently lives in Teaneck. I had my Prelude all over the back roads around the Franklin Lakes.
I hear that! As far as gas mileage, and I'm speaking for the procede only.. it doesn't affect gas mileage under normal driving conditions.. I average more now than when I first got the car.. so it really is more a matter of driving habits.. and having that extra power there when you want it.. Chances are the previous owner did not get the valves cleaned so if you can get a good deal on it (I paid 500, but there are better deals around) it is definitely worth it!! And I love the back roads around here.. but there are definitely a lot of roads that take a beating.. I have a friend that went to NC state and he said the roads are better down there so ENJOY!

2008 335xi Jet Black//Coral Red
VTT Stage 1+// Procede V5//VRSF DPs//AMS FMIC//KW V1//M3 Sways & Sub Bushings// Alpina AT flash
Apex EC-7//Michelin PSS//Dinan CAI
Appreciate 0