View Single Post
      02-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #62
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Talking Man I fell in love with the car all over again.

No longer dissatisfied here. Give it a couple of days is absolutely right!! There is such a thing as adoption over time. So yesterday (Sunday) I went to NY city with car. Somewhere a long the way, it starts to feel more and more powerful with every few miles that went by. Guess I had not done enough miles before for it to adopt completely. Cruising at 60mph, I just merely rub the pedal and the car is almost instantaneously at 80. Give it a gentle push, you are rapidly clocking 100 mph and eclipsing 120mph. So damn powerful you almost get bored because it feels like you are loafing around at those speeds and yet there is little space and opportunity to do that. I couldn't help nudging every so often just to expirience the locomotive like pull you get as the car literally sling around. Its so damn smooth in delivery its almost underwhelming.

Coming back, I went off to enjoy afew twisties, (had two passengers too). Young guy in late model Prelude was literally riding my a$$. This other punk with an evo took the shoulder and passes me within a hair's width. They were both racing each other (Honda was loosing). Suddenly I guess I was the more interesting prey. They did a few passes and I was just feeling frisky. Now I usually wont do this (too old for that crap). My passengers well in their 50s so I was well mannered and subdued.

I think it caught all of us by a little surprise . I finally got irritated and thought I'll show the Prelude guy he is not at the same performance level. I let him go ahead a bit as they pulled on me, then I just nail it. Holly macro!!! Wow wow wow Man I knew the car was powerful, but sh1t! The car fishtailled a little, and littery shot a few hundred feat ahead of the Prelude guy in like 2 seconds. I was approaching the evo guy so damn fast he chaged lanes probably fearing I might nail him in the back. All I have to say, is I am a believer. Stupid fast is all I can say. Infact I pulled on the evo guy and about 200 feet when I let off. The look on those guys' faces was priceless. My passengers had both been talking and the next word I heard from my rear passenger was Oh, God please don't kill us! Guy in front was like, "Holly crap, didn't realize these cars were that fast! Man what in the hell is under there man, this can't be factory stock. What did they give you in Germany?" He was launghing that stupid laughter you usually see on a boxer after a sucker punch and they are about to be knocked out. He said he was so frightened by how quickly the car bolted forward he almost spat out his heart. Now he was giggling like a little girl. I slowed down to line up with the punks and they both pulled to the lanes next and away from me, neither of them wanting any more showdown. You should have seen their faces! I have to admit though, they were not the only ones impressed. I was too. I for sure need a radar detector, a good one. That surge is just addicting. It builds up so fast yet so smooth the speed catches you almost by total surprise. You expect it to be fast, but not really that fast. The speedo needle literally swings and races up the gauge as fast as the rpms rise. The Steptronic is remapped but auto shifts at 6800 ish. Honestly there is no power dying off in higher rpms, this thing positively rips. I know now what people mean by adoption because it was not nearly this fast two days earlier after I got the Tune. If you are on the fence, go get it. I am no fan boy, but its good. Really good!

Now where is Stage II? I think things just got a lot more interesting!