View Single Post
      08-24-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Oil Change Interval: Dealership says I have to wait a year..??

My car currently has 9500 miles. The car now flashes the 'service due soon' light everytime I start up the car and indicates that I should get an oil change @ 10,000 miles.

so I called my dealership and they told me they won't do it unless I had my car for a year.
Since I bought my car in october 2005, they said they'll do it on October 10th of 2006. Thats friggin' month and a half left. I know I will be well over 10,000 miles by that time.

this is totally ridiculous. so if I drove 15000miles in 8 months and my car is just dying from contaminated oil, they still wouldn't give a crap? Not that Im saying I would do that, I'll probably go to local shop to get an oil change.. but I really don't want to bring my BMW into a damn jiffy lube and let them mess everything up. I prefer not to do it at home.

I knew this whole 5yr-free maintenance by BMW is nearly a marketing gimmick. why would company with bad reliability offer such great maintenance plans... or maybe I just didn't read the "disclaimer" carefully enough in the paperwork. eitherway, im pissed they advertised like how they will cover anything during those 5 yrs.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0