View Single Post
      07-01-2007, 01:36 PM   #50
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by s420merc View Post
IT is not blown out of reality battery life degrades each time you charge and discharge your phone i would need at least the $100 plan i use it for work and buisness. My K1 Motorola i had to change battery after 8 months of use so i just went to store bought a new one and no problems. I use my phone alot so battery life is shortened. with the IPHONE u cant just buy a battery at the corner Phone store. AND they will prob charge a ton for a replacement batt.
I see, I did not look at it in that light. No doubt batteries in these crazy electronics fade after time. I had similar problems with my iPod and my experience wasn't too bad. Apple will replace an iPhone battery for free within 1 year if there are problems and after that you can bring it into an Apple store or Authorized Repair center and get a replacement for a fee. I had to get an iPod battery replaced a few years back and it cost me something like $70. Its a PITA, but can be done. Bummer about needing the $100 plan. If you are a current at&t/cingular customer you can add the iPhone data plan to your current plan for $20. That's what I did - I also use my phone for work. Not sure if that helps you, but I thought it was a pretty sweet deal.
Appreciate 0