06-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston335 View Post
Oh ok I was actually talking about getting rid of the car before the lease is up, you are talking after the lease is up. Yeah smaller payments would be nice but they are so anal i actually think theyd just take the car back.
You're not being very clear here. You originally asked about receiving additional compensation because you thought you owned the car and it would hurt your resale value. However I explained you do not own the car and thus you don't need to worry about resale value.

Now you're talking about dumping the car before the lease is up? Are you suggesting you want to pursue this route because of the car's accident history? In that case, just don't sign the documents and return the car now. Or tell them you'll only keep the lease if they renegotiate a higher resale value, which will result in lower monthly payments.

However, if you're suggesting in general, you wanted to possibly break the lease before it is up - that really is NOT possible. The only way you could do that is if you were to find someone else to pick up the lease for you. There are sites like swapalease that brings lessees and potential lessees together. Or if you found someone to pick up the lease, they would have to apply to BMW FS and there is a transfer fee involved. But the point is you have to find someone to pick up your remaining payments, you cannot just walk away. You are legally obligated to keep the lease.