View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 01:06 AM   #66
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Because parents don't deliberately encourage misspellings/mispronounciations in their children. They are endearing things said, born from a bond you don't understand. But thanks for assuming people are retarded - and for the parenting tips.
That's not what I said. I did not say that parents deliberately encourage their children to misspell or mispronounce words. I alluded to the fact that parents sometimes deliberately reciprocate with "baby talk" when conversing with their children, presumably as a form of endearment.

Example:
Quote:
My response to ddk632 was not a criticism. It was obvious that he was being facetious with his use of "fasterer." I only posted what I did as an interesting and informative tidbit to a common misconception, using ddk32's facetious use of "fasterer" as a conversational bridge. It's not entirely obvious that responding to a child with baby talk can have undesirable consequences. I wasn't actually giving him parenting advice.

The fact that you completely misconstrued my post and used that strawman to launch an attack on my character (i.e. someone who doesn't understand "bonds" formed between people) is a testament to your abject incompetence and breathtaking arrogance.
Appreciate 0