04-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #21
lazd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjimmy View Post
• I have two images showing the mic configuration in my dome light setup. The mic on the drivers side is hooked up already because I have voice control. Black and yellow cables are going into this mic.
The PDF I saw about installing with pre-wired configurations mentioned that this needs to be connected, but mine already is. There is a blank space for another mic on the passenger side of the setup.
Yes, because you have voice control, the mic is already connected. You do not need a second mic, so that blank space stays blank.

Quote:
• There is an image of the wiring configuration in my trunk. 3 wires bundled on top of the MULF2 unit. Cable 1 I cannot identify, Cable 2 appears to be the MOST of fiber optic cable, and Cable 3 is the antenna.
From that picture, all you need is cable 3, the antenna. Cable 1 and cable 2 were not necessary for me.

However, there is a white 3x18 connector you need to remove 3 pins from. See the original post for more info.

Quote:
• Another image shows the setup in my pedal trim. I did not see a bluetooth antenna wire in the vicinity but I didn't pull the whole assembly out. (I know I can just put the antenna in the trunk if need be) There is no loudspeaker attached and there is a fiber optic cable connected to a blank in the trim. Does anyone know what this is for? Doesn't seem to be connected to anything.
I don't see the antenna wire in your picture, but it is tied up back there ABOVE the pedal trim.

Quote:
This step by step in this thread is by far the most helpful I have found
Why, thank you

Good luck, report back about that antenna cable above the trim!
Appreciate 0