01-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #15
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo89
And while your at it lets just just tell alcholics (sp?) to just stop drinking!! No, we have recongized that these people need help and that there are genetic factors which lead to this kind of behaviour. Overeating and obesity is very similiar in this respect. People like this have a body that is actually "addicted" to food and if you don't eat you feel like crap!! Until we stop degrading overweight people and try to help them, this will always be a problem. We, as humans, are designed to eat as much as we can while there is food available and fast when there is not. Now the problem is that food is always available (not necessarily a true problem, but you get the idea), and most peoples bodies have no way to handle this fact. We have also moved from a labor based society to a "service" society (you no longer have to hunt for your food either!!).

Ok.. done my rant, just f**king tired of attitues like this when I have seen many people try to work though these kind of issues and failed not because they are bad people!!
This pandering attitude (although it makes you feel better about how kind and sensitive you are) is part of the problem. Years ago, fat people were openly ridiculed and there were fewer fat people. Ridicule is a powerful motivator - and that is all these people lack - motivation and self control.

Our society has gone straight to hell with this attitude that everything you can possibly imagine is a disorder and it's not the individual's fault. Horse shit. I'm not suggesting that fat people need be targeted and ridiculed, but neither do they deserve my pity or my help - especially at the expense of my tax dollars. If you're fat - eat less - you'll lose weight.

Also, just as a point of fact - all of our bodies are addicted to food. None of us can sustain life without food and water. People with mental addictions just need some control. Suck it up! Yeah, you'll be hungry for awhile. Get over it.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0