HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
I have a similar problem in that in 1st, 3rd & 6th, it's wayy up there. in neutral, it looks likes it's in 1st, etc.... Almost the opposite of having the "backwards" problem.

I probably installed the "ghetto" way to the selector lever (at an angle) but I'm not sure if that is it.

Help!

Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
Thread revival...

I just installed the short shift lever on my 330i with ZHP knob. It seems the boot where it meets the knob rubs on the trim a little when I shift to 6th. Is that normal?

I installed it the "ghetto angle" way according to the pictures in the OP, because when I flipped it around to try the "correct" way, the metal lever actually HITS the trim piece when shifting to 1st, 3rd and 5th gears...so that's obviously not right...
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0