View Single Post
      02-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
MISS E90
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Broken serpentine belt, & now car won't start!

I wanted to see if anyone could shed some light on a problem that I'm having with my 06 330i that has almost 95k miles on it.

I was driving home from a friends house and got stuck in traffic. Right after I got out of it and started to pick up speed, I heard a whining sound. (guessing from the alternator?) Figured I'll check it when I get home just to make sure it was nothing major. Kept on driving and about a minute later I get the red battery warning light coming up. I never got a yellow battery light so I thought it was strange that it jumped to red. Moments later, my power steering went out and noticed it immediately. Was not that far away from home so I thought I would make it at least close to the house if anything before the battery would shut off on me.

Shortly after seeing the red battery warning light come up, I got the Engine oil pressure level too low symbol. Pulled over on the shoulder and opened the hood and noticed my serpentine belt was gone and one of the camshaft position sensors was pulled out (guess from when the belt ripped).

So I towed the car home and ordered a new serpentine belt, tensioner, idle pulley, and camshaft sensor. I also replaced the battery, but did not register it (been going through forums that some owners did not need to register their battery if the battery is identical to OEM specs). I wanted to just start the car, I can get it registered after the car runs.

After replacing the parts, the car failed to start. I hear it cranking but will not turn over.

I have codes P0015, P0341, P1553, & P1554, researched it and found to be camshaft related issues.
Hoping the problem would go away, I was able to clear codes, P0015 and P1154, while 341 and 1553 remained.
I searched here for similar topics, and started troubleshooting what may be the culprit. Took off both solenoids, cleaned them and swapped locations. Did the same for the CPS and still nothing. I'm getting all these issues from a broken serpentine belt! I thought once the belt is replaced, the car would just go back to normal. Any solutions or anything I may have missed?

Any help would be appreciated!

The CPS was out of its place.

Took both the solenoids out.
Appreciate 0