View Single Post
      04-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #49
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogijet View Post
This thread is funny and illustrative to an extent of my thoughts on this subject. I have for some time not held a person's use of the English language against him simply because it is not an issue that goes to character. There may be several reasons for an adult's inability to string a few words together correctly to form a sentence, many of which are likely to have been from the formative years and, therefore, outside of his control. Typically, none of these reasons makes him an unworthy/bad person or a fool. Some of the brightest and most successful people I know cannot use English correctly. In addition, none of us is perfect, and I have found that snobbery of any variety almost inevitably results in the snob exposing his dirty drawers and arse in embarrassment. As for Bimmerpost, it is just not that important for the spelling and the grammar in a context such as this to be correct, every time. That said, some spelling and grammatical errors can be distracting, but I simply interpret them and move on. It's not that big a deal. Incidentally, I learned English so the use of a word such as "practice" as a verb is a little distracting as well, but then again, immaterial to the effectiveness of what we're all trying to do here.
Popped in thread, this was first post I see. when I see big block post like this, I read 2 words in and skip.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0