12-03-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo99 View Post
if a £100 suit fits properly, then it will look better than a £500 suit that doesnt
im a real stickler for names/brands, but was in the same boat as you over the weekend and I surprised myself by getting one from Next signature range which fitted just perfect in the jacket. The trousers need altering slightly, but I'll get that done in the week by someone local for £20 (as well as the next label cut out of the jacket) and Ive got a perfect suit for £200.
Yeah I have to admit I’ve not seen any suits from Next. I’m attending an evening awards/dinner night for the industry I work in and it’s a tux / black tie event. I can get a full on evening dinner jacket but that will limit the suit’s use so hence I’m opting for the smart standard black suit. I’ll take a look at next over the weekend actually – their clothes do fit me well. You are right about brands as even a £100 jacket with the right fit will make one look better than the more expensive one - I wouldn’t want to rule anything out at this stage

Cheers.