United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
You have great taste in automobiles IMO. I have an 08 e92 that I plan on keeping much longer but plan on either adding an upcoming 235i or a lightly used Porsche Cayman in the next couple of years. We just bought the wife a new 335i m sport which we do like but I understand your feeling of being not quite as connected to the car as your current BMW. I have discovered that after driving her new car for extended drives one does start to bond with it quite nicely though. It is just a little different driving experience but it is a great driving and handling automobile nonetheless. This being said though I am really craving a Cayman right now. By the way, are you a cyclists also, I have been riding for over 25 years now. I dont race but ride 150 to 250 miles a week all year. I think biking makes us better drivers also as it seems to keep the reflexes sharp.
Definitely a different driving experience. The F30 is decidedly more comfy and much quieter, whilst maintaining impressive performance credentials. This might sound weird, but I actually felt like acceleration in the F30 was a bit too easy. In a straight line, the F30 is likely a bit faster than a Gen 1 Cayman S, but I love the Cayman's soundtrack and working the engine to wring out performance.

Yup, a cyclist as well. I hung up the racing career after a few seasons as I just didn't have the time to do credit to the training and spent what felt like every spare moment to be a lowly Cat 4. I have an enormous amount of respect for folks who have the dedication required for racing. Now I do weekend rides and commute to work a few days a week and have to say I'm happier for it. I wholeheartedly agree that cycling makes a better/more engaged driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeb817 View Post
Congrats! Very nice, I considered a Cayman as well, but alas, I couldn't escape the practical realities of getting older...and went for the first sedan in my life. I love my F30 335, but have to admit I'm a bit envious of your Cayman S. Check out a few clips of the Capristo exhaust for the Cayman S on YouTube...very cool.
Thanks! The Cayman is definitely a blast and a brilliant dance partner in the twisties. I lucked out and found a car with the factory sport exhaust. No power gain, but sounds good and is very quiet at cruising speeds. That Capristo exhaust sounds amazing!
Appreciate 0