02-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #52
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115 View Post
1/2 liters of what? I inquired at the dealership, and they only sell lifeguard6 in drums, and not 1/2 liters. The stuff in 1/2 liters is trans fluids for 5HP E46 transmissions.

You don't feel safe using "aftermarket" fluids, but you went ahead and skyrockted your Horsepower with an "aftermarket" chip?
they DO have part numbers for 1/2 liters. part dept guy at local dealership told me it came as drums but they don't sell it as drums to customers and that's why they have all these parts numbers for different measurements. here you see in the link below they listed shell M1375.4 in 20L and 1L part numbers. and yes they told me it's just part numbers for 1/2 liter measurement so you may want to bring this up to your dealer and see what they say...

http://bmwfans.info/accessories/prod...s/gearbox_oil/

i don't feel safe using aftermarket fluids because i don't feel that there's not enough user base on it. as i said, if more people use other than bmw fluids and report positive reports, then yeah i don't mind using it on my next service. i don't know what your point of bringing procede again and again but there are ton of people using it without any problems and i felt safe to use the tune on the car.

same thing as engine oil, there are lot of debate on which oil is good and i felt that the engine oil that i chose to use actually meet bmw's guideline so i chose to use it. if there were certain guideline or spec that bmw is recommending for aftermarket transmission fluids, it would made my decision much easier but there's none for transmission so can you tell me what your point here is?

and yes it may look like waste of effort on asking all these questions and went back to OEM, but at least i now know more about it and so i could make more educated decision and justify my $400 rather than just going to dealer and get it done. it's always good to know your options and what's available. whether you actually use it or not is different story... hell, if not for the forum, i might've just bought that "lifetime" thing dealership saying on sparkplugs and transmission fluids...

again, i really do appreciate all the information you brought into my attention. it really helped a lot actually...

Last edited by hun77777; 02-09-2010 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0