View Single Post
      07-11-2016, 07:50 AM   #1
reaper0995
Private
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Billet front diff housing with stronger gears

I'm researching to build a billet housing that will hold a stronger ring and pinion for the front diff. Space is pretty tight, but it looks feasible. Hoping to make a diff that could handle a 1000awhp car, with approx 30-40% going to the front. Most likely have a custom front driveshaft too.

My question to everyone here is what would people want in it for options? I was building the design around 3.08 gears for manuals, but also have 3.46 gears available for autos. Any other gear sizes that would be wanted? What about cooling, just some fins for air cooling, or would water passages to allow for coolant to flow through be ideal? Goal is to have as much diff fluid as possible, hoping a liter+.

Thoughts? Who is interested in something like this? And what would be N acceptable price target?

Just as a background for me, I'm a manufacturing engineer at a fairly largue company. Worked on performance cars for years, everything from total custom weird race cars, diff regearing, engine builds, turbo fabrication, etc. even built the turbo setup for my hayabusa but that was over tn years ago and my welding skills weren't great at the time lol.

Last edited by reaper0995; 07-11-2016 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 1
Glennyd65.00