View Single Post
      01-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
Mehale
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
stock shocks on lowered springs = blown shocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
I really wouldn't recommend getting springs on an XI because of the reason the above poster stated. The springs will eventually break. Unfortunately with XI models, the only way to play is to pay $$$. But you get what you pay for.
Stock shocks and H&R Sport Springs is actually quite a common pairing on our cars. More on RWD cars than XI cars because the XI cars sit higher.

It is not unheard of for a pairing and yes, they do have a greater ability to blow a shock because of the enhanced travel and more work the shock needs to endure. I have not read much on these forums to say it is a frequent occurance enough to say its a bad idea. I'd think you'd have to hit a crater to really make it happen with a new car like his with new everything.

But again, both people are correct in their posts above and there is a greater chance for a blown shock when hitting a pothole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi to e90 View Post
like everything else, if you want it done properly, you need to spend the $
I can't argue with this, you are right... remains true that if you have the $$, do it right but certain circumstances like his... being under lease... the $$ and work involved might not be justified.
2007 335i 6MT Sport Package - Dinan Free Flow Exhaust - 20% Tints - Matte Grille - Black BMW Emblems - Ambergones - Blackline Taillights - Full MTech Body Kit - Daeos Angel Eyes - Lux 5.0 - Vorsteiner Front Lip - 19" VMR v710: Matte Black - Carbon Fiber Vinyl Interior Trim - Black Vinyl Window Trim - Nokya 2500k Foglight Bulbs - Vishnu v5 - BMS DCI
Appreciate 0