View Single Post
      06-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #38
ThePicturePro
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Out of Warranty with 51,187 miles and these same issues

My car is in the shop now. I was driving home this past weekend with my family when my 2009 335d felt like it was losing power and out of fuel. I had minimal throttle response and thought I was going to break down in the carpool lane. I had to limp off the freeway and it was in the middle of downtown LA on a sunday. There was nowhere to take the car. I checked the obvious and put more diesel in it (in case there was something wrong with the previous fuel or the gauge). I decided it was safer to take my chances on the freeway while driving home than to be stuck in LA with my wife and children.

Here is where it gets worse. I have only 51,187 miles. I am out of warranty. I took it to local bmw and have been waiting for 4 days for more information. Today I was told that all of my fuel injectors need replacing as well as finding Carbon buildup. They told me that they "MAY" help me with a one time goodwill repair. Ive been doing some research and I think this is way to common with 335d owners and that the injector replacement may not be the only thing needed to fix the car.

I would greatly appreciate any help from fellow owners about other issues that may be found with this problem. If BMW does fix this, I want them to address all of the issues. They admitted to me that "We dont see many diesels, especially with your problems" Not very reassuring. I wish they would come here to do some research.

2009 335d
51,187 miles
wife's daily driver, 32 miles round trip daily
65%/35% Highway/Street driving

never driven hard, I'm rarely behind the wheel.
Appreciate 0