07-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
Turb0Surge
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BLACK e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
Well that's why I figure the longer you keep something, the more doable it is. Every month of keeping something longer, is another payment not spent, and available for use somewhere, be it saving, spending, etc. For example, I said why not get another 1998 Nissan, mine's been trouble free for 14+ years? People still want between 2-3k for one, no way would I pay that! But it's a 100% reliable car for transportation, so I keep it. My Nissan was 9 when I got the 335i, and its reliability for 9 years enabled me to get the 335i. And to have a car to drive when the 335i was in the shop. Imagine there are some people who have leased 5 Nissans in the time I have owned mine, and would be getting ready to lease their 6th. 180 months of payments down the drain, and nothing to show. Some people have paid off a house in 180 months.

Anyway, I see that even a used Porsche that I like costs nearly 80k. That is a lot of money, so right now I don't see that happening in 2 years. But maybe in 5.
Yeah, I didn't factor in payments on a car, just because if i can't pay for a car upfront i won't buy it.

But it always has been a dream for me to walk out one day to my garage and have like 10 cars lined up, all buffed, polished, and waxed, just waiting for me.

I know exactly what you mean.
Appreciate 0