08-28-2007, 10:23 AM   #86
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by etik View Post

This is what you should get

The issue here seems to be that the top of the OEM sub enclosure is not big enough for the Pioneer 8" shallow subs. Everything else in the OEM sub enclosure should be fine, right?

Therefore, you could create an hybrid of an enclosure by matching that MDF custom top mount with the bottom of the OEM sub enclosure:

a) Remove the top portion of the OEM enclosure (unscrew it/unglue it/just cut it) as high and leveled as possible. You want to be as close as possible to .15 cubic feet in volume minimum (sealed specs of this Pioneer sub)
b) Attach with epoxy the MDF top to that leveled plastic bottom.

That should give you a sealed enclosure while perfectly matching the OEM mounting hole under the seats and fit those Pioneers subs in that enclosure.

Now, if you want to really do this the right, reproducible way, you could take this custom enclosure (MDF + OEM enclosure bottom, or just the OEM enclosure bottom if you do not want to cut it) to a plastic fabricating shop (not to an audio shop). They could create an full ABS plastic enclosure based on your prototype and even get that .15 cubic feet volume squared away for you for the optimum performance of this Pioneer sub, and still fit the OEM spot under the seats.

Send me some royalties by PayPal once you complete this, please...

Last edited by Technic; 08-28-2007 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0