12-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
Dustz
Chieftain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N54 335i

Garage List
Oil Leak by Passenger Wheel Well?

Recently I had to top off my engine with a quart of oil, as I thought was normal for turbo engines to burn oil. I haven't realized any drops on the floor but today I saw this leak which I think is oil by the passenger wheel. Could it be the result of the oil filter head gasket leaking? Anybody have any ideas? I also think the oil has leaked from the bottom but not dripping by the oil nut compartment, will take pictures of under the car when I get a chance. Anybody have any ideas? 07 E90 335i. 51k miles Non-Sport

Edit: Check again today and it seems to be leaking forsure, not sure how long this has been going on for. Got some pictures from different angles, car will go on a lift Thursday hopefully :d I will check the front turbo send/return line and the windshield reservoir hose, and also the cracked valve cover I will address all of these issues.

Took this picture from the front under the engine bay. See a couple different spots I have never seen before.

Took this picture from the same angle I did yesterday by the front passenger wheel, definitely some sort of fluid leak happened over night.

This picture is taken from under the front passenger side. I see a spot where the leak could be possibly coming from?

Another shot from the passenger side, including the drain plug compartment. Seems to be oily everywhere down here

Will be taking her to a reputable shop this Thursday, just seeking any opinions or knowledge before going in. Thank you all for the help!

Got Boost?
2014 650xi F06 - Carbon Black
2015 640i F13 - Alpine White
2007 335i E90 JB4/HPF Gen 2 - Jet Black-Retired

Last edited by Dustz; 12-03-2013 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: More pictures/Information
Appreciate 0