01-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #1235
JRJ1970
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by llryem View Post
My SA told me today that the head replacement won't help. It will come back. And now there is nothing they can do. I'm at a loss as to what to do.
When my car was brand new, it started ticking at 250 miles. That was its only "issue" from the start so I just drove it that way for a year. Dealer did the head replacement at my first oil change -- 12,000 when it was a year old. It works. Many can attest to that being the final fix. Anyone?

Point is, fight for a head replacement because it's the best likely fix. You should go to a different dealer if they're giving you a hard time. My dealer gave me no hassles at all. They did the bleed procedure first, I returned in a week when the ticking returned, and they did the head replacement no questions asked. It was there for a week.

Your issue may be different from mine but I do know this fixed my issue. Yeah, it's only been 5,000 miles since the fix but considering mine ticked with a brand new engine at 250 miles, I think I'm safe. There has been no sign of ticking, cold, hot, driven short trips, driven long trips. It's great.

I wish you the best of luck. Persist!