View Single Post
      03-29-2014, 02:35 PM   #83
iBoost335STi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

HERE'S A TIP... I just did this transmission fluid change with the same Royal Purple used in this write up. I have 108,000 miles and I can say Everything the op says is True, shifts feel SUPER smooth.

HERE'S THE TIP: If you have access to a friend to lend a hand, when your at the step where your ready to add the new fluid... connect the bottle to the hose and insert the hose into the fill hole all the way (about an inch or 2 is all it will go in) flip the bottle upside down like you would if you were going to squeeze in the fluid in and hold the bottle and hose tight. Have your friend cut a very small circular hole in the bottom of the bottle (which is now facing up) by twisting a razor into it l. Make sure no plastic goes into the bottle. Take an air gun hooked up to a compressor and apply air. The fluid will empty the bottle and into the transmission in about 10 to 15 seconds. Repeat for second quart. Another piece of advice is to clean up any fluid that gets on the exhaust piping so it dosnt smoke everywhere when you drive. Happy driving!
Appreciate 0