First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335i, 2008 335i e92

[QUOTE=EASTCOASTNINJA;12072397]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omerfar23 View Post
dumb question, I am about to do the water pump change,

1. If I am replacing the WP I shouldn't have flush all the coolant via radiator bleed since when I will disconnect the WP hoses all the coolant should splash out??

2. I read some conflicting things on this forum, some said that the stat comes out before WP, i don't think that correct? or is it? I am only asking since I am only planning to replace my WP. please clarify someone.

thanks in advance.

First off did ur pump go out or was it starting to or are u doing it before it does? Because if it is already done then u need a new thermostat. If u are just doing it before it goes out then ok. And no the pump can come out before the thermostat. U are just going to undo the two hex bolts holding the stat to the pump. And as for the bleeding out. I just too the hoses off and let that shit splash away into s bucket. Then I squeezed both sides of the hoses to the radiator to pump out the juices.
thanks for the response. well my pump has gone out intermittently and the car goes into limp mode. It has only happened twice but I been doing a lot of reading on this forum to know that the WP is the issue.

As per our guy in another thread (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=347412&page=2 = see post#24) I checked to see if the stat or the pump and it seems to me it is only the WP. No offense just curiousity why do you say that the stat has to be replaced if the WP has gone bad? I know it would wise and time-saving to replace them in pair but is it truly necessary?